Monday 17 November 2014

Gaming education

So here is the thing...I here from so many people in general that they are sick of their kids being stuck in front of a tv or video game all of the time and when they try to pull their kids away, it turns into a major battle, one that they often don't win. When I asked these same parents about how they felt about gaming and education and showed them a video from my class. the results were mixed. Some thought well at least the kids are getting something educational out of it, while others were outraged with the idea because they wanted their kids away from gaming, not another reason to be in front of the tv. Personally, in my opinion, we live in a society where both parents usually have to work, and while they are getting things accomplished at home, the tv or video games keeps their kids quiet and occupied. Trust me, there is no judement here, I can't imagine the stress of it. So, knowing this information, its not going to be changing anytime soon, so what else can we do? That is where I think the gaming and education fall together nicely, not as a pimary teaching method, but as ONE way of relaying informaiton in a way that younger learners already know how to understand. Anyways those are my two bits.....

No comments:

Post a Comment