Wednesday 15 October 2014

week one....

Although I heard of the term "self directed learner" before in the the first 2 courses I have taken", it has only started to sink in recently. I realized that if I didn't know who I was and why I was taking this program, it would be a confusing and complicated program for me. But because I know what my focus is and that I want to teach it, I can relate it to my real life experiences, in every course I take. I think that is the greatest strenght of this "seld directed learner" concept. I am in charge of what I learn and how to apply it. At the same time, that can be a challenging task at the start of it because my whole life I have been told what to study, what to look for, and how to apply it. Putting it into my own perspective with my own creative ideas was a foreign idea to me a few months ago. But now, its something that is exciting and I look forward to implementing in my own practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment