Friday 24 October 2014

Flipped Classroom or Flipped Learner?

I've been learning about the concept of a flipped classroom lately. I must say I absolutely love the idea. What captivates me about it is the idea of mutual responsibility and trust in each other to teach and learn from each other. It helps a classroom break barriers and become comfortable with one another as they share ideas and information with each other. The only thing I worry about is people's levels of practice with a flipped classroom. It can be a a great learning curve to learn the skills of being able to be a self directed learner and taking part in teaching others. However, it can be a new concept as well, that if not learned properly, could be a confusing and complicated process for the learner. So I think before flipping a classroom, I will need to flip the learner first, to ensure that they understand the principles of a flipped classroom to ensure the safety and success of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment