Saturday 24 January 2015

Fair Dealings in a Fair way?

For the past week, I have been awed by the term "fair dealings". Initially I was under the impression that this was a way to protect the original sources or author(s) of a publication, but the more I read about it, and note my colleagues in my course's feedback and perspectives, I am finding, that sometimes its doing the opposite. I found the following you tube video which made me wonder? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Oe1GNHrSo So this begs the question for me, how will I interpret this in my classroom for my students/earners. I think for me, it is important that no matter what I use, I need to make that solid effort to recognize others works when sharing it in my classes. But I also have to be mindful of the information I use as well, and ensure that it has been cited properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment